Synchronize DataBase Table Between Machines Via SSH?

Hello

I have 2 servers that need a database table to be one way synchronized (server A needs to push the table to server B)

I considered using a FEDERATED DB, but decided against it for my particular application (Server B has several apps that would be calling the table repeatedly, and a local DB to server B makes more sense).

So thinking out loud.... when the DB on server A changes, a mysqldump is performed of the table, is ssh'd to server B, and then mysqldump'd into the table.

This table will change infrequently (monthly perhaps), but would need to be done on demand, so that when the change is made, it is propagated to server B nearly instantly.

My real question is: Is my line of thinking right, or is there a better way to do this?

Any thoughts or input would be greatly welcomed.

Matt

You could just set up rsync of the mysql var directory between the 2 systems over ssh.

rsync would work but would need to be run very often in order to propagate that quickly..

Check if your version of MySQl supports replication if you need one-way synchronization (master to slave) or clustering (between equals).