Sync AIX system time with Windows Domain Controller

Yeah so, I have setup a domain controller (windows 2003) active directory machine and it is managing couple of windows servers and workstation. I also have couple of AIX machines that need to have the same time as other windows server and workstation hanging off of that domain controller.

Now DC uses SNTP to sync time with the windows machine but AIX can't use DC as a time server or can it? I can't install an NTP server on the domain controller because it'll conflict with the kerberos/SNTP time service. I've considered making AIX machines smbclient so it is managed by Active Directory and provide time sync service to the AIX machine, but not sure if this is possible. Can an AIX machine be in an Active Directory domain? Anyway I also though about setting up an NTP server on the member windows machine ans use that machines system time as stratum 1 time server for the AIX machine.

This test network is setup to simulate business hour and all the application that runs on it. So I need a turn-key (or close) solution so I can set the time on DC (or any member machine) any time I want (forward/backword/different timezone etc) and the rest of the windows and AIX machines will automatically (or semi?) synchronize their system clock to this newly set time. How would you do it? If you need further clarification feel free to ask. Thanks

I piti you if that means anything to you.

Yes it is, Samba also runs on AIX, even as an installable bff-package from the Bull website. If Samba is able to synchronize the system time on AIX i don't know.

That should work as far as the AIX machine is concerned. If it is possible to set the service up on a Windoze host i don't know.

I hope this helps.

bakunin