Suppress tabs in csh here document?

Hi all, I have seen in other shells you can suppress tabs in a here document with formatting such as:

vi $somefile <<-heredocument
                 some tab indented code for readability
heredocument

with a - before the here document declaration, but this doesn't work in csh, can someone confirm if this is possible or not in this shell?

Thanks in advance

are looking for the commands like..
tab,unexpand,tr etc etc...

Thanks for the pointers, tr looks like it could do the trick, however I am unsure how to implement it in the case of a here document, could you give me a syntax example?

---------- Post updated at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:34 AM ----------

So, piping from a command to tr works as follows

cat testfile | tr -d '\011'

Here tabs are removed from the contents of file testfile as it's printed in the terminal, however this command doesn't work for a here document, either trailing the here document declaration, or after each of the commands within the here document. This must be because tr is removing tabs in the data resulting from executing that line of code rather than removing the tabs on the line of code itself before execution.

Unless anyone can correct me, I will have to assume suppressing tabs in a csh here document is just not possible...

It seems you're right <<- doesn't work in CSH.

But you can use:

#!/bin/csh
tr -d '\t' << EOF | vi -
        Hi there!
EOF