Suppress SSH login logs of a user

Hi,
I want to suppress ssh login logs of a particular user to get logged in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log

As am using a user to monitor a server over ssh in 5 miute interval..and that creating un-necessary logs in my syslog.log file .. Please help me if there any way I can suppress this logs only for this particulat user .

--Shirish Shukla

Use -q switch when connecting.

Regards
Peasant.

Thanks! But Have tried using and login log logged ...in syslog.log file ..

# ssh -q nag@mynode 

I'm not sure how to disable those but,you can setup syslog to log auth messages in separate file.

Other then that, i don't know the way to suppress those messages in normal way (other then ugly shell hacks or similar).

Perhaps someone else will be able to help you more.

As peasant suggests you can send your logs out of syslog.log but you cannot filter on a user basis
By default on HP-UX, syslogfacility is set to AUTH and log level to INFO
So adding the following line to your /etc/syslog.conf file should send all your sshd logs to auth.log:

auth.info                       /var/adm/syslog/auth.log
1 Like

Thanks guys..
Have got the temporary solution ... that at every check that script itself delete it's login logs from syslog.log file and it's working as temp solution :slight_smile:

Be very careful that whatever editing method is used does not change the inode of the file because the file is open by syslogd .