SunFire v245 Environmental PIC micro controller fix

Hello All,

We have a v245 that powered itself off for no reason. Searching around we discovered there is a bug were a temp error is being reported but doesnt actually exist, SUN released an EPIC update, the README is shown below but even after upgrading the ALOM to the latest v1.6.10 we do not have the commands required.

Any ideas?

we do not have the commands required

I don't really understand what you want :confused:
From the sc> can you provide us the "showhost" output ?

The sc> doesnt have the commands available needed to execute the upgrade, ie peek, epicupdate etc. It doesnt even have the showhost command you asked for :frowning:

---------- Post updated at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:39 PM ----------

Here is the link to the patch on the sunsolve site :-

#139735-01: random power off with MB.OVERTEMP LED ON but NO ALOM/Solaris event log

resetsc, worst case, do a COLD boot of the system

The SC has been reset a couple of times and the server has been powered on and off, is this what you mean?

poweroff the system, Pull out the power cords and leave it untill a couple of minutes. Plug in power cords again and power on.

Was this issue raised to Sun Support ? The best alternative is to get the system board replaced if all types of isolation fails. :b:

The server is actually working fine apart from not being apply this fix for the known problem.

Whats the best way to open a ticket with SUN now that they have been taken over by Oracle, I looked for an online ticket/service area but didnt find anything.

call up SUN hotline. check up your system contract by providing the system serial number

Hello Wez!

I have the same problem as you have. Did you find a solution?
I did an OBP and an ALOM update on a V210 and have no command like "epicupate". At the other side i did not found any EPIC-Update-Patch for V210 on SUN (oracle) Supportsite. Maybe this exists only for V215 and V245.
Problem is I have no V245 to test it.

would be great if somebody has an idea (no I can�t contact my sunsupport - because my local sunsupport is totaly incompetent :()

regards
Mike