SunBlade 2000

Hi guys,

I have a SunBlade 2000 that I am trying to configure. It has been configured previously with an IP address, hostname, DNS and so forth. I want to configure it with a new IP address. How can I achieve this? It has been one of the most difficult tasks for me as I am not really familiar with configuring Sun Desktop systems and are more familiar with the servers. Please help. Thank you!

its the same task as on a server... so i don't see your problem?!

What I mean to say is do I install an Ethernet cable to TPE and to the main patch panel and then set up a Jumpstart server to boot? I have entered the MAC address in the NIS map. I tried doing watch-net-all when it was in OBP prompt but it says "Internal loopback test -- send failed"

i don't get what you want to do... make a new installation or change the ip of the installed os?

I am trying to configure a SunBlade 2000 for use in a network. We received it from a different location previously and so it still had its previous hostname and other network configurations. I guess my question is how can I change that network configuration so we can use it in our lab and install a new Solaris image on it?

if you do a new install, there is no need for configuration work. otherwise run "sys-unconfig" in solaris to start with new settings.

I Think "Arkayev" is trying to ask a Doubt about Jumpstart Installation in Solaris.... Am i right....?