sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference

Sparcstations are pretty much obsolete now a days. The Ultra servers are almost there as well. I would get the Ultra so you can run Solaris 9. Parts are expensive for both (you may find some deals on ebay or such).

I believe the main difference is Sparcstations use the UltraSparc cpu while Ultra workstations use the UltraSparc II. Sparcstations were already starting to show their age when I first started doing Sun admin in 1997. Using one now is like firing up your old Commodore 64, might be fun and you might learn something if you've never used Unix - but it is totally obsolete as far as doing work or running current OS and applications goes.

Definately the Ultra workstation will be better. Although even those haven't been sold new for a year or two. At least the low end ones with 1 cpu like the Ultra 5 and Ultra 10. If you want to spend tens of thousands Sun might still sell you a quad cpu Ultra 80 or something like that. The current low end Sun workstations are the Sun Blade models which start right around $1000.

look there:

greetings Pre�y

i have a sun ultrasparc server

does any one want to buy one??

if not its spec is 167mhz ultrasparc 1
64mb ram
etc etc

is this sufficiant to run a games server with?

Depends what you need to do with your machine...
Any Ultra machine it's quite good.
Solaris doesn't need that many hardware resources as Windows, I personally run Solaris 9 and Domino 6 on an Ultra 5 desktop 300 MHz 256 ram with no problems.
You can get a similar machine on ebay for about 100$

I need an Ultra 5 or Ultra 10 machine with Quad fast ethernet if some one is selling or guide me where to find cheap ones.

I'm sure you could get one on ebay. I remember looking at their Sun pages a couple years back and seeing plenty of ultras pretty cheap. The quad fast ethernet card might have to be bought separately, but there were tons of spare parts on there too. I'd expect you could get both for pretty cheap.

Make sure you get a Sun keyboard and mouse with it though - Sun Ultras won't work with a regular PC keyboard. Or you could go with a Sun Blade 100 or 150 which use USB keyboards and mice. They are a little newer so that route might be more expensive.