SUN Type 7 Keyboard, Thinklogical KVM Extender and Mouse - Any ideas?

Hello all

rather new to diagnosing hardware issues on SUN platforms (still new to Sol 10 also). Sorry if this is not a great question. I have searched the forums and have not found an answer to my specific issue.

Ok, I have a SUN V215 hooked up to a Thinklogical KVM extender. There are 2 boxes for those not familiar w/thinklogical. Basically, they are KVM extenders over Fiber. Pretty cool devices. Anyway, the issue is that when i have my mouse plugged into the USB 1.1 port and the Keyboard plugged into the USB HID port, all works as advertised. However, we have some more systems coming online that can only use the USB 1.1 ports, and will be using all 4 ports. The problem that i am running into is when i plug the mouse into the keyboard or if i plug it into the USB HID. Keyboard still works, but the mouse locks up and will not move.

I have read the USB primer in SysAd guide 47.16 (devices) and didnt see anything that was of help. I have also ran cfgadm, and it recognizes the mouse. The mouse appears to be configured in the dev tree as well.

Any help you all can provide would be of great assistance.

Thanks

why do you need a kvm switch on a sun server? you can use the net management port to access your mashine via ssh.

because i need the video output other places. the thinklogical gives me that capability to take a diskless client and display its video somewhere else.

thank you, hope that helps

you also don't need a hardware display to see the video output of a sun server. you can use a desktop solaris installation and redirect the xdmcp screen from your server to your workstation. this works via network... so, no need for a kvm switch at all!
the newer servers with integrated ilom have a virtual kvm switch that can be accesed with a web browser and a java applet...