Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it.

I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000.

For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be multi-path.

I'm only used to Sun 280R servers connected to 3310 SCSI arrays (connect array to server, disks show up in format and then configure disks/file systems using SVM)

This 2540 FC array is a whole new world to me and I'm lost.

What are the high-level steps I have to take to be able to connect the 2540 to the be able to access the storage and start configuring the RAID and then set up file systems?

I hope someone can help me with this.

install CAM .(Common array manager) .. in sunsolve or in docs.sun.com plenty of docs ..
it is web based .. not like 3x00 series .. u will see it is very easy ..

Good luck

Thanks samar

Say for example my 2540 array is connected to SERVERX, can I install the CAM software on SERVERX and manage the array from the same server that it is actually connected to?

sure ..you can install it where you want.. main thing is this host must be in same subnet with storage address .. because after that when you install it it will not immediately find storage .. you will manually search it by ip address .. but mostly I install it in its own server to which it is connected ..
that's why be sure that on storage it is assigned ip address and connected to LAN ..

Check this out
http://www.cns.nyu.edu/~fan/sun-docs/st2500-array/st2500arrays/820-0015-11.pdf