Sun Fire T 2000 Booting problem

Dear All,

I am facing a specfic problem with my New SunFire T2000.Recently we bought new sunfire T2000 sparc server.When i am trying to install solaris 10 through cdrom , I get error messgae

Error:Last Trap: Instaruction Access Exception

{0} ok boot cdrom
Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/ide@8/cdrom@0,0:f File and args:
Loading ufs-file-system package 1.4 04 Aug 1995 13:02:54.
FCode UFS Reader 1.12 00/07/17 15:48:16.
Redirected to slice: 1
Loading: /platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200/ufsboot
Loading: /platform/sun4u/ufsboot
ERROR: /pci@780/pci@0/pci@9/scsi@0: Error:Last Trap: Instaruction Access Exception
[Exception handlers interrupted, please file a bug]
[type 'resume' to attempt a normal recovery]
{0} ok boot cdrom

SC Alert: Host System has Reset

SC Alert: Host system has shut down

I get this error when iam trying to install through GUI(Sun Monitor is physically connected to the T2000 server) if i try installing solaris 10 through console mode iam able to install .My Team leader need monitor to be physically connected to the server.My display card is xvr 300

Can any one help me out on this issuse

which version of solaris 10 do you use? if you can install via console, do it and work with monitor after the installation...

Hey duke,

I am using solaris 10 os and after installtion os from console still iam not able getting display in sun monitor and in ok promt i have changed theoutput deivce= screen still not working

yes, but which version of solaris 10? a "cat /etc/release" gives an answer...

I believe that that is a firmware issue.

You should probably try applying firmware patch 124750-08.

For a T2000 you need solaris 10 update 3 minimum. This release has the required drivers included.

use release 05/08. update the firmware and set your output device to screen and input device to keyboard. set you diag level to min and diag switch to false, if not it will take long when you power up your system and you wont have any idea of whether the system is responding or not, unless you're using a serial connection