Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 OS, Part I (CX-310-200)

Hi all,
I have been reading for Sun Solaris Administrator exam (CX-310-200) but i have kind of been dragging. Is there anyone preparing for this exam so we could make like a study group or accountability partner.
Awaiting your response.
thanks

Hi Mate,

I have to start preparing for the exam but am just searching for sample questions or braindumps.

Please share if you have and we may study as a group, and test each other.

Have u started reading or you have finished? When do u intend taking the exams? How would we study together, any suggestions? I have some dumps I collected from someone but havent checked to see if its for cx 310-200. You could send your email address, would send them to you if they are for that exam.

I did the part 1 course in December with the intention of going straight in for the exam. However changed my mind and decided some more revising was needed first :smiley:

I'm working on the Upgrade exam, so as a refressher have a few questions for you, answer & discuss

BACKUPS
-----------
1) Can you abckup to a Mounted File System?...explain your reasoning

2) write a command line that backups the following folder & extracts to the follwoing target. Assume their are subdirectories & use at least 2 commands to :
/etc
/home/ny-admin/backup/etc

3) why woul I wnat to creat a virtual device to backup to? What commands would allow this ?

b-t-w I've heard the Part I questions (310-200) pool got updated i.e. changed in December 2007 ) If your relying on a braindump, your running a high chance of failure

-------------------------------------------------------------------
~ ms. stevie

Solaris SCSA (v8)
Microsoft MCP
Ubuntu & Fedora on-the-way

Hi Nkechifesie, I am also preparing to do my SCSA 310-200 in two weeks time. Please share with me all the material ( ebooks and exams ) that you have to duncan.owino@gmail.com . I too will send some to you once i get your addresss.

Thanks.

1. Yes, backing up to (and restoring from) a mounted filesystem is quicker than backing up to tape. (I first read this and thought it said "Can you backup a mounted filesystem" the sort of thing that can spoil your mark in the exam!)

2. I hope the examiner has all the numerous ways of doing this!
    e.g.
    # find /etc | cpio -pdmv /home/ny-admin/backup/etc
    or
    # cd /etc; tar cf - . | (cd /home/ny-admin/backup/etc; tar xfp -)

3. I'll leave someone else to answer 3 while I find out what is meant by a "virtual device"!

Best of luck to the both of you taking the exam.