SUN 10 OS on Sparc T4-2, how to install?

Dear all!

I've received 4 servers Sparc T4-2 on a rack, those servers was built in Solaris 11 ZFS bundled. Our Application is not coporated with the Sun 11, so, I must reinstall them.

However, whenever I ran cdrom in "ok prompt> bood cdrom", I received the line "Can not load cdrom". Recheck the DVD Solaris 10, I found it's fine, more carefully, the 2nd & 3rd DVD Solaris 10 would be checked, they were fine all, but I could not boot in cdrom.

May you clarify to me?

Thank you very much!

Which version of Solaris 10 is on your DVD? Best would be to download the latest version and try to install that.

I did not remember exactly, but the DVD is also Sun10 2011 release. The version or release is related to installable, isn't it?

Oracle Solaris 10 08/11 is the minimum supported version.

@Duke: May you guide me what is the best iso image Solaris 10 I can download to install in Sparc T4-2? If yes, please send me the link.

And, one more question I respect to beleive the answer: I'm new on Solaris 11, so, in the Sparc T4-2 with build-in Solaris 11, I can not login by Xmanager. Read and search some links, I found, it must be installed gdm on, what's about CDE? Is it disappear on Solaris 11?

Thank you!

---------- Post updated at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 PM ----------

@Duke: I found some information:

It can support to install Oracle Solaris 10 from 8/11 to 01/2013, so, I think I will download the Sun10 1/2013 and reinstall.

Thank you!

Yes, it was deprecated in 2005 with Solaris 10 and is no more provided with Solaris 11 and newer.

For a hardly searching still yesterday till now, I found that, if I would like to install Oracle Solaris 10 (1/2013) I must use a jumpstat to do.

This is incorrect. You can certainly install Solaris 10 on a T4 from a DVD media. The link you posted is unrelated and explain how to install Solaris 11 from a jumpstart server.

Have you tried solaris10 branded zone on top of solaris 11 ?

Regards
Peasant.

With A T4, you also have the option to install Solaris 10 along with Solaris 11 in a guest ldom.