Summing up the data from different excel sheet into one excel sheet

Hi Folks,

Can you please advise for any script in unix such that for example , i have 3 different excel sheet at the location /ppt/gfr/exc so the name s of the excel sheet are

1excel.xslx
2excel.xslx
3excel.xslx

now in these 3 different excel sheet there is lot of data for example each excel sheet contain 100 rows , now i want such a script in unix that will create another excel sheet name master.xslx at the same location and in that excel sheet it will contain the the total data of these thre excel sheets so our master.xslx will contain total 300 rows and it will start in this sequence it will pick up the 100 rows from 1excel.xslx and add it to the master.xslx and then it will pick up the 100 rows from 2excel.xslx and add it to the master.xslx so all the data will be added in this fashion in master.xslx,. please advise how to achieve this..! :confused::confused::confused:

Unless using some perl or python excel modules, *nix can only deal with text files. Try to save your data as .csv format and then just cp or cat them together.

Thanks for the expnation , let say I save this excel files in csv format also for example it would be as , like ...

1excel.csv
2excel.csv
3excel.csv

then how can I combine all the data in the final sheet , please advise what will be the command..!!:confused::confused:

Try

cat ?excel.csv > master.csv