Summary Explorer Output

Hi Guys...
I wonder about explorer Output on Solaris, can we get all system information based on explorer to a single summary report. Is there any tools can generate explorer output to some summary report information ?
thanks

Renggta H Patria

I've never seen such a tool maybe there is something similar but I dunno.

The purpose of this script is for gathering of information meant to be read by qualified support engineers not meant to be summarized into a report to present to your company managment. :wink:

sun has tools to make dokumentation from explorer outputs... but afaik all these tools are for internal use only. maybe you can write a script that gathers the needed informations in a file... i know of companies who read explorer outputs in db's and have a webinterface to access the data.

SUN can view your explorer output with there parsing tools. you have to do it by going to the output directory and reading the output of each command.
It is not as bad as it sounds. All system configuration information will under {Explorer_Output}/sysconfig directory while all disks related information will be in {Explorer_Output}/disks directory