sudo, root password

Hi all..

I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager.
Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same thing, based on sudo?

Thanx for any answers..

Jason

"su root" should do the trick??

Yeah, surely that defeats the purpose of sudo?? If the users need the root password to use sudo, what's stopping them using that password to do

su - root -c "rm -rf /" :eek:

Cheers
ZB

That's exactly the problem...
We have blocked the possibility to do a su - root... Of course, registered users in /etc/sudoers could perform a sudo su - root -c "rm -rf /".
But i really need an answer for that problem...

Any suggestions are welcome!!!

Secure, X and gnome shouldn't be used in the same sentence, but setting that aside for now...

Are users logging into their own X session, or is there some "always logged" in root session that is running? If they are logging into their own X session, you could always force them to start the admin tools from CLI using a sudo - before it.

Why was a GUI dictated as the managment solution?

In fact, the desktop on which linux is installed HAS TO HAVE GUI, a special software being installed on it to supervise satelites.
Only certain users logging in have sudo rights. How can i force them to start admin tools from cli using root's password?

thanx

Jason