Sudo command problem

Hi All,

I am tring to redirect mails comming to my user id to a script. In other word trigger a script when a mail comes to my user id.

Actually , Admin team has done all this to me previously. in my script i am doing like
/usr/local/bin/sudo -u parbrxs /export/home/parbrxs/bin/parbrxs.sh

it was working fine and it was able to trigger parbrxs.sh.
Now problem is, i want to change my script name from parbrxs.sh to abhishek_test.sh.

But this is giving error,

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

can any one please tell me what is the exact problem? Is there any settings i am missing?

The admins probably created a NOPASSWD rule for that specific command (path and all) in the sudoers file. If you change it, that rule no longer catches, and so the password prompt is displayed.

Thanks pludi .

But these is no sudoer file in /etc folder. Is there any other path or file where these setting can be done.

visudo will allow the admins to edit the sudoers file (wherever it may sit). But it's not possible for a user to change or even view that file (although that last statement is not always true)

Thanks paludi,
Ad i told , My main requirement is to trigger a script "abhishektest.sh "whenever a mail come to a user say "abhishek" in my unix server. I dont have root permission.
So, for doing this
1) in /etc/mail/aliases : i need to ask admin to configure so that mail will route through a script.
e.g.
abhishek : "|/export/home/abhishek/bin/wr_test.sh
2) in wr_test file : i need to put this line, as i have to switch user from root to abhishek.

[LEFT]/usr/local/bin/sudo -u abhsihek /export/home/abhishek/bin/abhishektest.sh
and ask admin to set NOPASSWD rule for this command.[/LEFT]

Please let me know if anything wrong in this procedure.or anything else need to be added.