SUDO command in script

hi,

can some one explain the sudo -n equivalent in AIX

Thanks
Venkat K

What makes you think it is AIX specific??

-n argument is used mostly in batches ( -n -> no interaction... ) to avoid sudo prompting for a passwd... will exit with an error instead...

Hi Vbe,

I actually trying to find equivalent to sudo -n on AIX.

As i have nearly 500 servers, some are REDHAT and some are AIX , requirement is to monitor whether a user(say VENKAT) is having root acess or not.

On REDHAT i can check it without any problem with sudo -n id , if it prompts password it ill generate an error or it will just give the output.

But on AIX i am getting redirected to password prompt, my script got struck in there.

Please help

Thanks
Venkat

The problem is not a different kind of sudo. The problem is that sudo is configured differently on some servers than others.

If you want sudo to let that user in passwordlessly for that particular command, configure sudo to let that user in passwordlessly for that command.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for you replies

Regard's, i got my issue resolved.

how can i make this tread to resolved status
Venkat

Hello Venki,

Whenever there is a thread after top title there is an option named EDIT TAGS . You can click there and then add the specific tags related to any thread, for an example--> solved or solved awk etc to make this thread status as solved.

Thanks,
R. Singh

1 Like