Subnet mask

Hi,
I have about 30 computers for users with subnet mask x.x.x.0, and 25 computers for workers with s.m. x.x.x.128. My server has a s.m. x.x.x.128 so with workers computers I can see my server and all the computers in that s.m., but I can't see the server from the users computers and I need to see it. Is this possible to make, without changing the subnet mask on the users computers to the same s.m. as it is on the server??
:confused:

Hi The last I new that this is a Unix forum... NOT A Windows network support..:frowning:

you have to make it that way that all the computers are within range of the subnet mask of the server and the server wihin range of theres. or if you have a unix machien at a second ip to the network card. then you cdan see it (focourse within range of the computers who can't see it.

This is a network question and btw. my server is Sun with Solaris and i was wondering is there anyway that I can enter two or more subnet masks in my server settings?! I've read the last reply but I still don't see how can I do that.

execute the "route add" command to add the network with the .0 netmask using your server as the gateway. that should do it.

to get the details, read the man page for route.

another point: you can add the second network with the different netmask to a virtual interface using the "ifconfig" command:

# ifconfig <interface:0) netmask <second_netmask>

notice you have to use the colon zero immediately after the interface name to create the virtual interface.

well, to see another network you will most def. need a gateway.. a multi homed machine with an ip on each network will work, but so will a router..

Is there a router in this equation?? with 55 machines and different subnets, it may be a good idea..

e0---

I have a router and the gateway is set. Now I'm trying to make this work. I hope it will.
Thnx all!