Strange content on the screen

When I execute below script I see a bunch of 'y' on the screen. I am wondering if the command is being executed. Is this normal and should I wait to finish?
Thanks,

output over /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/TAREAS_DBA.log
 enable scriptmode
 scope vproc all
 showspace
 packdisk
 y
 showspace
 scandisk
 yes
 quit  

#Screen.

y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y
y

This looks like a DB script of some sort. Is it run from a shell? What shell command is used? It looks like program/DB command initiations and "answers" to prompts which should have been run from a bash shell here document.

Can we have some more context?

No. I didn't execute in Shell.

I just executed the script by typing './packdisk' on Linux prompt. Packdisk is a file name I executed. 'y' is a part of the script.

In running packdisk utility(Teradata utility) using Viewpoint(Teradata tool) it asks first 'Do you want to run Y/N?' and I type 'Y' and it starts to run.

Thank you,

Okay, so you are running this at the shell prompt, so this is a shell script. I think you will find that the packdisk has exited because it has no input. The next line y will then be execute (no used as input to the previous) and that command probably is unknown. Your showspace and scandisk may give output or exit, but your last command is yes and this is a recognised command. It is the yes command that is giving you all the output. Have a look at man yes for how it works.

I must admit I'm unaware of the early command format too, such as output over .... I assume that you are wanting to define the output file and overwrite an existing one, but this is not a way I recognise.

Oddly you have the command enable which is normally associated with printers. Are you trying to run this as input to some other program? If so you might need to:-

some_other_prog <<-EOF > /tmp/logfile 2>&1
output over /var/opt/Teradata/bteqdba/TAREAS_DBA.log
enable scriptmode
scope vproc all
showspace
packdisk
y
showspace
scandisk
yes
quit
EOF

The section between the red highlights is used as input to the calling some_other_prog

Please show us what you get from the following keyed at the command line:-

whence output packdisk scope showspace
for file in location_of_each_item_found_above
do
   printf "\n$file:-\n"
   head $file
done

alias | egrep "output|packdisk|scope|showspace"

There's just not enough to go on just yet.

Regards,
Robin