Storagetek 2540

Hi Guys and Gals,
Wionder if you could help me, got a problem with a controller on a storagetek 2540, dead when fully powered up but if you reboot, it is ok for a couple of seconds (and you can ping it). Then once the array is fully up, it goes faulty and is un-pingable.

Had anyone experienced this? Did they resolve it or is the controller stuffed and needs replacing?

Thanks in advance

Rgrds

Martin

Do you have or have access to the PS2 6-pin DIN to RJ-45 Cable? This will enable you to get a clear and in-depth view of the problem, basically it's the serial diag cable that connects the controller to either a dumb terminal or terminal emulator.

If you can ping the IP address with the device powered off, you have a duplicate IP address on the network.

The OP can ping the controller during a couple of seconds when it is powering up. It is very unlikely to be a duplicate address issue.

Sorted now guys, not sure what it was as we pulled the controller and the disks and I think this forced a reset (array is DR stock so not in use). Controller has come back to life so I am thinking firware updates.

Thanks for your help

Rgrds

Martin