Storage Array not readable

Hi

We have an array connected to the machine but when i issue format command i dont see it. But the array is up and running and there are no warning lights.

Is there a way to find that array from the OK boot prompt?

Please advise.

Thanks

what kind of array to what server with which interface?

It is 3120 array which is connected to the server Solaris T2000 with SCSI cable.

what have u tried to make it visible? is the array a jbod system or is it with hardware RAID functions? have you tried a:

ok probe-scsi-all
ok boot -r
# format

I have not tried any of these commands, can i try those and again if i want to boot it normally what commands do i use?

---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:45 PM ----------

Btw it is a RAID system

what do you mean with "boot it normally"?

you can use the above commands and try to see the array (or better the volumes created on the array; if there are any) from ok prompt. then boot the system with "-r" (reconfigure) to create /dev and /devices entries for the new volumes on solaris and check the output of format .

also you can check the storages documentation:

have you checked the documentation? have you created a volume on the storage?

Have you checked that you have the required patches installed?

Check the 3120 documentation for all prerequisites.

What SCSI adapter are you using in the T2000?? Is it supported?

Looks like an LSI-based SCSI controller.

Google for "lsiutil", download it, and run it. It should pick up the controller and allow you to figure out what the controller can see.

Be *careful* with that utility - you can brick your controller and any disks attached with it.

FWIW, it works with just about all LSI devices.