still looking for feedback on linux desktop connection question..

:slight_smile: hey guys..
i would really like to know how to solve this problem infact I have been racking my brains trying to configure the desktop by itself as a network with both windows and linux and epoc (psion as a databse) AND, have reached some quite fancy levels of command structure and execution for a junior memeber.. except I have little knowledge of computers themeslevs as a working mechanism.. which almost always leaves me to fail when it comes to questions as which hard drive and which hdb and so on to mount.. still learning though.. i just got a new laptop and would like to share the information with the desktop making the desktop my center of data activity.. I just need a little help in the right direction and I should be able to figure out the rest ..
thanx mouin (moxxx68).:stuck_out_tongue:

Check out NFS or samba if you are looking to make your desktop computer a fileserver for the notebook?

Good luck

/Peter

:slight_smile: after going through thread after thread for the last couple of days i have picked up on both terminilogies although I am not quite sure how to process the functions,, but I know that NFS is linked to unix and samba is linked to windows.. so I guess applying them on the actual desktop itself as a link between linux and windows will work but the problem is connecting to the laptop which I have 90% solved I have a usb scandsik device, i think they call it a modprobe or something but it small easy to carry and has 128Mgs of memory... this along with two floppy drives on my desktop (a little obsolete I know but!!) .. until I can configure out a cab le format or a network link which is a little advanced at this point in time.. ( just have to do a little research) it will do..
thanx moxxx68...:smiley: