Statistics Aix

Hello

If there is a way to get a statistics from Aix box server from a month.
cpu use, memory, disc use, etc.

Maybe via smitty or I need to do a script.

The os is Aix 5.3

Greetings

hi

you can use the utility called "nmon" . you can take statistics for any day for one month and analyze all viewing graphics .... and many many useful information .

search "nmon" :wink:

I have a script that gets the statistics for a list of AIX servers, and then put the data into an HTML report, the data is collected every 10 minutes or so. Does it work for you?

Regards

For nmon there is a add-on tool "nmon analyzer", which will take the log output of nmon and produce charts and all sorts of graphical boo-hoos which are likely to make the guys from sales happy. A SysAdmin can even derive meaningful information from it but that means some level of insight into the intrinsics of AIX and people having it will know where and how to get this information anyways.

NMON and NMON analyzer can both be found on the IBM support website for AIX. Alas NMON analyzer is depending on M$ Excel so you will need a system with some toy OS on it.

There is still the classical "sar" utility, which can be set up to collect the data you wat to know once you know what you would like to know. With a few scripts and xgraph you can make similar reports like with nmon analyzer.

bakunin

Thanks for your replys.

I think Im going to check the nmon utility.

greetings

take a look

nmon performance: A free tool to analyze AIX and Linux performance

Dreyser,

How can I get a copy of your script....it looks like just what I need :slight_smile:

Dingle

Ganglia Monitoring System What is Ganglia?

or

nagios with pnp & aix plugins?

Hi Dreyser

Iam new to AIX and scripting . Iam working on getting the resources in a box , converting back to html and sending a mail to a user . It will be great if you can share the script so that I can get a chance to learn things and work on the betterment of the script .

Leo