Start problem rhel6

what can i do now???
please help me....

Hi,

Seems like a permission issue. gdm usually runs as "gdm" user. So check if gdm:gdm has at least 755 permission on /var/lib/gdm . If not, run the following:

chown -R gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm
chmod 755 /var/lib/gdm

you show the way that after logged in my system. but this message still there... it can not login......
what can i do now????

Log in on a virtual console as root and remove the file. it will be recreated with correct owner and permissions upon GDM login.

i have done all these process, but still show this message. can not open in graphical mode(init 5)...

If you really have done it (accessing through virtual terminal CTRL+ALT+F1/2 etc or through ssh), then there's only way it can be solved: remove and reinstall GDM.

But, I'm sure it can be resolved by checking the permission of the directroy. Also, you need to make sure that the SELinux security context is as it should be. For that you can run the following:

restorecon -vR /var/lib/gdm

i use the following command

restorecon -vR /var/lib/gdm
#reboot

show the message that i attached.

Could you post the output of the following command:

ls -laZ /var/lib/gdm

like this...

There's the proof. It's pretty obvious that gdm user does not have any permission on /var/lib/gdm. Please change the ownership as suggested earlier:

chown gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm

i do this following command chown gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm but still show tha message that i attached...

Which version of Red hat linux are you using?

Please post output of "ls -l /var/gdm" if that directory exists.

i use RHEL6.0