ssl certification..

hi ..
am senthil..
need clarification in SSL certification...
what kind of algorithm do they support...
m a newbie to SSL
guide me eith your ideas..

There's a pretty comprehensive explanation here.

can u tell me the procedure to install SSL in apache..
i googled and got some ideas..
but need some more information from u ..
i have apache in my linux server..
when i start apache they show me .. starting APACHE with SSL and PHP...
and i have four folders in my
/etc/httpd/conf folder..
they are ssl.crl,ssl.crt,ssl.csr,ssl.key,ssl.prm
i didn get any certificate from any vendors ....
but how they are present..
are they by default...?

i am little bit confused..
guide me with your experience..
thanks..

Please start using proper English, since your posts are very hard to read.

Your Apache is already SSL enabled (using mod_ssl), so you don't have to install anything. The 4 files (not folders) you're seeing are probably self-signed certificates. You can check this by pointing your browser to https://<your-server>/ and examining the certificate details. For more information on setting up SSL/HTTPS see the mod_ssl documentation.

If you want a certificate for your company you can set up an internal CA (certificate authority) using OpenSSL. For a globally trusted certificate you'll have to buy one from one of the certificate providers (VeriSign, GlobalSign, Thawte, ...)

sorry for my english ... i was in a bit hurry ... so couldn frame proper sentence ..
thanks for ur valuable information..
i have a query to ask..
suppose if i get SSL certificate from any vendors...
will those four folders be replaced or should i first delete those four folders and then proceed for further certification...

---------- Post updated at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:11 PM ----------

cause i dont want self signed certificate...

Those are files, not folders. And no, they won't be automagically replaced: the vendors don't have any kind of access to your server, and I doubt management would allow them to. Check with the documentation of mod_ssl and the vendor on how to replace the self-signed certificates with theirs.