ssh unkown cipher type error

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to execute a script through SSH and am getting "unkown cipher type error".... Here is my command:

ssh paydvopl02 -c '"/home/jpassema/test.sh 1"'

and the actual error message :

Unknown cipher type '"/home/jpassema/test.sh 1"'

the test.sh script is executable and ssh keys hve been shared for the user. However, the following command works just fine

ssh paydvopl02 '"/home/jpassema/test.sh"'

Thanks for your inputs

man man ssh (Linux):

Meaning the -c option isn't the same as for bash/ksh/... where it means "I only want to run 1 command". Besides, you have too many quotes around the command itself.

How can i specify in a KSH script the cipher type in a SSH command?

As for the quotes, if i don't put them in, the parameter doesn't go through the SSH command....

Why would you want to specify a cipher type if the command works just fine without it?

I want to be able to execute a script with arguments through SSH in a KSH script, and as it so happens, the "-c" option allows me to send my arguments through, but raises that "cipher issue".

Um, no:

pludi@background:~$ cat /tmp/args.sh
#!/bin/bash

i=0
for arg in "$@"
do
   echo "Argument $((++i)) is $arg"
done
pludi@background:~$ ssh localhost /tmp/args.sh Foo Bar Baz '"Total SNAFU"'
pludi@localhost's password:
Argument 1 is Foo
Argument 2 is Bar
Argument 3 is Baz
Argument 4 is Total SNAFU

Sorry you're absolutely right about the arguments, the reason i had the quotes is because ultimately i wish to ssh followed by a sudo like so :

ssh HOST sudo su - user /path/test.sh ARG

---------- Post updated at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 PM ----------

Thanks for your help, i'm not stuck anymore........:b: