Ssh login with random qoute banner

I'll be honest here

The one and only time I have done LDAP user and login configuration was for my RHCSA exam, and that was many years ago

I have this interview coming up (for a linux admin position role), and while the other questions I have no problem answering I am stuck with this (image attached)

I am using my own test server; I am running CentOS 7 on Oracle VM

Someone had put this link before here, but how do I make a link work in sshd banner config? I still don't get banner message when I ssh to my test server. I am using SecureCrt 5.5 (its a very old version)

I have also done this link but that only answers half the question.

I can't help feeling that the solution is staring at my face :frowning:

a little help here please?

What exactly did you (try to) put into sshd_config ?

Does this actually have to be done in sshd? It would be much easier to implement this in the user profile, probably.

It's an empty file now, because I know a link won't work like that.

---------- Post updated at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:51 AM ----------

I thought so to, to just edit the general .bashrc profile but the question is is saying master-client, could it be some LDAP configuration?

Not sure I fully understand. Where do you want to place a link? How do you interpret the question, after all? Please draw a broader picture.

Hi RudiC

Can you close this thread please? They have just provided me with a 'broken' CentOS test server and I am going to fix the breaks and post a new thread if I get stuck again

Thank you!!!