SQL Server import csv or txt on a Solaris box

New to using sql server and unix, but say I have here /home/foo/file.txt

Can I use some kind of process to push that .txt into a sql server?

Or

Is there a sql server utility that can be configured to find a unix box and go into /home/foo/file.txt and slurp it up:)

Or is there any PC and Unix Sas folk round here? I thought I once heard PC Sas can find a unix box, can I the use PC Sas, find the file and send it over to the SQL Server doing a proc sql insert into using the odbc protocol?

Solaris and sql serv 2008 r2

I suppose with PC you mean a Windows environment? You can't use PC and Unix SAS at the same time without any configuration beforehand. Files would need to be transferred using scp or automatic ftp.
Presuming that the data is in a structured format already and if we are talking about one file only, can't you use one of the two systems, given that they have overlapping functionality?

You could export the file to a Windows share using Samba. You could call a command line version of Winscp to copy the file from the Unix system to the Windows server. You could use ftp to get the file.

I tried to do a secure FTP the oter day between the box and a windows NAS and it took hours (was a massive file). That made me wonder of there's a protocol/process/whatnot that can trancend win-unix worlds....

Something clean 'n fast??

How is the file created? I am supposing that a Unix program creates the file, and a Windows program reads it. Can you create the file on a file system that Windows and Unix can read and write directly (FAT32)?

Creating sas data sets on unix, wanna bring them into a windows env, fast and easy. SFTP took forever, but worked. Just trying to see what my options are. I think sql server integration services can do this, but have to look into how to get a license of it, etc. just wondering if there is something on the unix box that can send the sas files to a windows env, w/o having windows (ie sql server) go into unix and get the files (many gig files were talking abt).