splashy starting up error

Hi eveyone and Happy Holidays,
My problem is starting splashy in fedora 8 what i have done is:-
installed splashy with no errors
edited grub removed rhgb and added quiet vga=791 splash
set default theme with command splashy_config -s default no errors
added /sbin/splashy boot in etc/rc.d/rcsysinit
and if i run splashy test it works fine
and when i boot i get the error libsplashy framebuffer is not configured properly
I have googled and not found a solution and this i way over my head so if anyone can help i would be eternally gratefull.

Ps one other thing is i am trying to build the rpms for this, and i keep getting stuck with the error, Bad owner/group, i have checked the spec file has the right group (Amusements/Graphics) this is way above me as well.

Ok i have solve the rpm build error bb instaed of ba if only getting splashy to work, its been 2 days now of googling etc im out of ideas

I was really hoping someone would know, oh well , im sure its just a matter of putting the right command somewhere,

Hello everyone i was really hoping someone would of been able to help, anyway i have made a web page here, to show what i have done etc, if you can find the time plse have a look any help would be really appreciated.
Fedora 8 & 7 | My personal guides

In a continuous effort to get splashy working, and keep this thread alive,:smiley: does anyone know anything about framebuffer, settings etc, i would be forever in their debt if someone could help me solve this.:smiley: