SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello,

Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter, and a CDROM.
OS version supported: SunOS 4.1, Solaris 2.5 - 7 (2.3 and 2.4 are not supported at the moment).
Download is available form Stromasys website (registering your email would be required).

Sorry if this is not on topic.

Best regards,
Greg

Why is registration required?

Hi,

We just wanted to be able to inform people who downloaded the package about version updates and plans.

Best regards,
Greg

So you actually require their email, as well?

I tried it out as I have an interest in SPARC emulators for a number of reasons.

By the way, I can confirm that it works on Fedora 16. The Java terminal emulator is a bit flaky - maybe because it is Open JDK by default. Would be nice if a more-up-to-date and complete version of OBP was provided. You can get the full SMI sources for openboot 4.23.0 at coreboot.org. It was donated by SMI.

do you have plans for 64-bit SPARC?

We are considering to emulate E450 with an ultrasprc CPU, but we'd like to hear some feedback - how interesting would that be for the community?

Best regards,
Greg

1 Like

I think it would be very interesting if it could run Solaris 10.