SPARC M10 - Install Solaris 10

Hi,

This machine does not have CDROM/DVDROM. I try to boot using external usb. Issue command:

show-disks

does not show any external cdrom. How to install OS? Is it can be install using usb pendrive?

Thanks.

Is the external DVD drive working? Did you check on a laptop or somewhere else? Maybe reset the OBP after connecting the external drive. Try another USB port on the system.

Also from the manual:

If nothing works, you can setup an install/ai server and boot/install the system over network.

It's work. I need to power down ppar and power up it back. Then usb can be detected.

---------- Post updated at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:12 AM ----------

Yesterday, i format a disk. The size 600G physical. Format only took 8 hours. But verified already more than 6 hours. Not finish yet.

format>format <device name>

Can i cancel it? I format due it cannot detect a disk. From what i found in Google, it's need to remove label. But on that time, i already proceed with format.

Is there anyway i can do fast format? Or i cancel current verified and remove label only? Please advice me.

It's not detect hard drive.

Now, i can see the hard drive. Oracle communities not document this.

When ever have a OS already, if want to install again need to format using format -e. Choose disk and label it. And quit after finish.

You good to go to install the OS. Otherwise you cannot see the hard disk drive.

---------- Post updated 04-22-15 at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous update was 04-21-15 at 10:29 PM ----------

Solaris 10 need to use patch for install oracle vm. Is there anyone can share a external link? I don't have support identifier number.

The ONLY legal source to get those patches is a support contract with oracle!