sound cards

i installed Red Hat Fedora (successfully this time) and my sound card wasnt automticly found or what ever. so how do i get my sound working and stuff? how do i gonfigure the sound card? how do i get it to detect the sound card?

Hi,

check for a kernel module for your soundcard. If you cannot fint it, use ALSA, it's really good.

regards
malcom

Will ALSA work with Red Hat Fedora Core?

Hi,

yes it will; I don't know a distribution where ALSA is not running.

malcom

this is really weird. ok when i go to the sound card detection things and i select a sound card it doesnt play, but if i go to a sound card tab, then i have to make the primary sound card the oposite of the one i have in the tab to get it to play (i have 2 cards)
but the problem witht that is after i click ok its going to select the other card as primary which means it wont play at all. so basically when i do the sound card detection module i have to make the tab oposite of the primary. but how can i get it to stay like that permanently after clcik apply cuz it will just have one selected then. what ever this is it is really pissing me off so can i please get some hlp?! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: