Sosftp file transfer

I want to transfer file to remote location via sosftp but its not source and target directory is not getting resolved due to characters in folder name.

REMOTE_DIR="/opt/tibco/data/transfer/uploads/Week 1/ABC XYZ (ID #: 2)/SR Week 1 (ID #: 17)/Proofing - Round 2 2 (ID #: 24)"
LOCAL_DIR="/transfer/uploads/Week 1/ABC XYZ (ID #: 2)/SR Week 1 (ID #: 17)/Proofing - Round 2 2 (ID #: 24)"

Filename = ' test_17_1208.pdf '

Command used :-

/opt/tibco/apps/sosftp/jade/client/bin/sosftp_transfer.sh -o send -e ${PROFILE} -fp $(basename "$i") -ld "${LOCAL_DIR}" -rd "${REMOTE_DIR}" >> ${LOG_FILE} 2>&1

Error:-

+------------Source------------
  | Protocol              = local
  | Host                  = XXXXXX.com
  | Directory             = opt/tibco/data/transfer/uploads/Week/
  | FilePath              = test_17_1208.pdf
  | ErrorWhenNoFilesFound = true
  | Recursive             = false
  | Remove                = false
+------------Target------------
  | Protocol              = sftp
  | Host                  = YYYYYY.com
  | User                  = user
  | AuthMethod            = password
  | Password              = ***
  | Directory             = /transfer/uploads/Week/
  | OverwriteFiles        = true
959 [main] INFO com.sos.VirtualFileSystem.SFTP.SOSVfsSFtpJCraft  - SOSVfs-D-0101: Try to connect to host YYYYY.com at Port '22'.
2239 [main] INFO com.sos.VirtualFileSystem.SFTP.SOSVfsSFtpJCraft  - SOSVfs_D_133: user 'ahold' logged in.
2326 [main] INFO com.sos.DataExchange.SOSDataExchangeEngine  - 0 files found.
2328 [main] INFO JadeReportLog  - SOSJADE_E_0101: data transfer ended with error 'SOSJADE_E_0099: No files found for file_path 'test_17_1208.pdf''
com.sos.JSHelper.Exceptions.JobSchedulerException: SOSJADE_E_0099: No files found for file_path 'test_17_1208.pdf'

I know how sftp works. I have no idea what sosftp is and I have no idea what sosftp_transfer.sh does with its arguments.

It is interesting that both directory names that you pass to that script are absolute pathnames with several spaces, parentheses, colons, octothorps, and numbers but neither of the directories listed in the log output contain any of the above listed characters and only one of them is an absolute pathname.

My wild assumption about what is going wrong is that sosftp_transfer.sh is not properly quoting arguments passed into it when it expands the variables containing those parameters and has other problems as well. But, unless you show us the code (in CODE tags), this will have to remain just a wild assumption.