some sites are loading very slow on my centos proxy server

Hello everyone,
I've installed squid proxy server in Linux centos machine for users.actually problem is when users browse some websites eg : WordPress.org, gravatar.com it loads very slow compare to others sites .my line is 4mbps and only 6 users for it.I've bypassed squid for myself via iptables .so that websites works fine for me but not for who browse via squid .. please help me with better solution...

waiting for reply.

centos 5.5
squid 3.0

What do you mean by slow??

Do you mean slow to start loading or slow painting the screen after it starts loading?

URL's have to be "resolved" before anything happens so if the resolution service is sluggish then that will cause a significant delay before loading starts.

Perhaps when using squid the resolution service is not configured properly?

Maybe those sites are slow when you try to load them from in-front of the proxy too? Did you try a traceroute how long hops take to the webservers?

Found this site with a list of tools to check out speed of websites.

i tried tracerouting it there is no drop ,it works fine when i use same machine, same ip which bypass squid .but for my users who browse it by via squid the result is different .websites loads without css and images and it is dam slow like my speed is 20 kbps.

---------- Post updated at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:58 PM ----------

slow mean very slow ,it works fine when i use same machine, same ip which bypass squid .but for my users who browse it by via squid the result is different .websites loads without css and images and it is dam slow like my speed is 20 kbps.