[Solved] Xmanager on HP-UX

Hello all,

please can you help me to configure XManager XDMCP connection so i can connect to my HP-UX OS.

Regards,

Searching this forum, you would have found:

I do not have the Xaccess under the usr/dt/config folder

What HP-UX Operating System version are you running?

Do you have a directory on the HP-UX server call /usr/bin/X11 and containing programs such as "xterm" ?

On the HP-UX server (as root) do you get an error for these enquiries:

swlist X11
swlist CDE

Is your XManager this product:
NetSarang - Getting Started: Download, Install and Start with XDMCP

i am using HP 11.31
and yes i have thsi directory : /usr/bin/X11 and containing programs such as "xterm"

On the HP-UX server (as root) do you get an error for these enquiries:?
NO

Good, nobody's removed the software from HP-UX.

I don't know your XDMCP product but hopefully the above link helps.
Fonts can be an issue.

If you want to use CDE as "root" you may need to check/edit the file /etc/securetty (see "man login"). Once you have CDE working you get the graphical version of many system tools (e.g. SAM) which are generally more user friendly.

ant:/usr/dt/config $ /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e
done 
desktop auto-start enabled. 

Look here:
IT Resource Center - login / register

---------- Post updated at 20:23 ---------- Previous update was at 20:21 ----------

Just noticed you may need an account to the doc, so:

HP-UX 11i Graphics and Graphical Interfaces - Unable to Access XDMCP
ISSUE:

The customer is unable to access the X Display Manager Protocol (XDMCP). The Common Desktop Environment (CDE) login screen does not come up using eXceed.

System Model: HP Integrity rx6600
OS Level: HP-UX 11.11 V3

One HP-UX server works and the other three servers do not work. All systems were installed using the same golden image.

They are able to display Xclients but not CDE.
SOLUTION:

The dtlogin process is running.

netstat -an | grep 177

Listening to this port on working one, but not on the non-working one.

Port 177 from dtlogin is a UDP port and does not show a "LISTEN," but also you could have a system which has security enabled and you need to check /usr/dt/config/Xconfig or /etc/dt/config/Xconfig for disabling the port.

/etc/services
xdmcp 177/tcp
xdmcp 177/upd

Checked the /usr/dt/config/Xconfig and /etc/dt/config/Xconfig to see if Dtlogin.requestPort: 0 is not commented out. It should be commented out on the system.

The resource is commented out in both places:

# #########################################################################
#  To disable listening for XDMCP requests from X-terminals.
#
#  Dtlogin.requestPort:       0

Checked /usr/dt/config/Xaccess to see that it is not empty and looks the same on both working and non-working servers.

Checked /var/adm/inetd.sec to see that it looks the same on both working and non-working servers.

Checking /etc/rc.config.d/desktop for the DESKTOP entry revealed that it did not have the line entry DESKTOP=CDE.

Run /usr/dt/vbin/dt/bin/dtconfig -e to add this entry.

After this, the CDE login screen came up.