[SOLVED] Which setting is done on Server to get this message?

HI Guys,

System is Solaris 10

I need to know where exactly the setting is done so as to get below email to us:-

Job-Scheduler@server31 [mailto:sysmgr@server31.sys.com] 
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:15 AM
To: sysmgr@server31.sys.com
Subject: Output from "cron" command

Your "cron" job on server31
/usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios 

produced the following output:

/opt/SUNWexplo/output/explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/disks
/opt/SUNWexplo/output/explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/disks
/opt/SUNWexplo/output
a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/ 0K
a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/rda/ 0K
a explorer.844d540d.server31-2013.11.25.01.00/rda/RDA.log 7K

where server31 is the server name.

Below entry is scheduled in crontab:-

[LEFT]/usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios

like this:-

45 02 * * 1     /usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios

Whenever this script gets executed we get above mail , but now we are not getting it, what could be the problem.

I am not so sound in mailing stuff, however I found that sendmail is running as follows:-

svcs -a | grep sendmail
online         Jun_10   svc:/network/sendmail-client:default
online         Jun_10   svc:/network/smtp:sendmail

Please do suggest me what is the probplem and where exactly is the root cause.

Thanks.[/LEFT]

The script is scheduled for running every Monday morning. Which it did two days ago. Are you sure you're missing something?

1 Like

Yes, That's I know, but now I want to find out why we did not get mail these week?

and how come anything written in crontab sends mail in outlook? What is pushing this crontab entries output in outlook?

Please advise. I really want to know this.

cron attempts to email the output of any programs it runs. No output, no email. Traditionally, programs you run in cron are supposed to be silent, unless something goes wrong, so it can email you errors.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for reply.

Please excuse me as I might ask some silly questions.

Our main problem is we are not getting email from "no.reply@oracle.com" about sun exploer status like this:-

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:29 AM
To: Unixteam
Subject: SunTM Explorer status

Following is a status of your SunTM Explorer Data Collector files that were sent to Sun: 

Hostid           Hostname         Date                Processed  Current Version?

3f329f         Server1      2013/11/11 01:00    Success     No   (Found 7.3)
3f16a7         Server2      2013/11/11 01:00    Success     No   (Found 7.3)
4d540d         Server3      2013/11/11 02:08    Success     Yes  (Found 8.01)
3aed03         Server4      2013/11/11 02:07    Success     Yes  (Found 8.01)

This is what we have set in crontab in all servers (server1 to server4)

00 02 * * 1     /usr/local/bin/sudo /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -P -q # SUNWexplo
45 02 * * 1     /usr/local/bin/sudo /users/sysmgr/ios

45 02 * * 1     /usr/local/bin/sudo  find /opt/SUNWexplo/output/ -name  "explorer*`uname -n`*" -exec chmod -R 755 {} \; > /dev/null 2>&1

59 02 * * 1     scp -q /opt/SUNWexplo/output/*.tar.gz mainserver:/opt/lisa/explorers/ 2>&1|nawk '! /^$|^\*/'

First we need to find out whether Sun explorer data is getting send to oracle or not?

this is what set in mainserver crontab:-

00 02 * * 1  /usr/local/bin/sudo /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -P -q # SUNWexplo
45 02 * * *     /usr/local/bin/sudo  find /opt/SUNWexplo/output/ -name  "explorer*`uname -n`*" -exec chmod -R 755 {} \;
59 03 * * 1  /usr/5bin/scp -q /opt/SUNWexplo/output/*.tar.gz mainserver:/opt/lisa/explorers/
35 10 * * *  /usr/5bin/scp -q /opt/SUNWexplo/output/*.tar.gz mainserver:/opt/lisa/explorers/
52 08 * * 1  /usr/local/bin/sudo -u locexp /opt/lisa/SAlocexp/verwerk_explorers >>  /opt/lisa/cronlog/cron.ouput 2>&1
15 15 * * *  /usr/local/bin/sudo -u locexp /opt/lisa/SAlocexp/verwerk_explorers  >> /opt/lisa/cronlog/cron.ouput 2>&1
15 13 * * *  /usr/local/bin/sudo -u locexp /opt/lisa/SAlocexp/bin/Get-latest-patchdiag-xref > /dev/null 2>&1  || /bin/logger -t locexp -p daemon.err Get-latest-patchdiag-xref failed: $?

So I want to know what is preventing us from getting mail form no.reply@oracle.com ?

Please advise. how to go about this, all cronjobs are run by same user called sysmgr.

this is what is set in /etc/mail/aliases file

#######################
# Local aliases below #
#######################

sysmgr:         unixteam

Please advise. how to go about this, how reach the root cause of the issue?

Thanks a lot.

---------- Post updated 11-28-13 at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous update was 11-27-13 at 09:44 PM ----------

Please reply.

Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

1 Like

Try

echo test | /usr/lib/sendmail -v sysmgr

look at the diagnostic messages.
Also read the sendmail daemon messages in /var/log/syslog

1 Like

Thanks a lot all Guys!

The problem has been solved.The problem of not receiving mail from no.reply@oracle.com was actually oracle's issue from their side, when logged the case with them, they solved the issue.

So we dont need to change any of the above permission as now we are getting mail about explorer status from oracle.

1 Like