[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys

Required help in Redhat 6.1.
After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode.

please to solve the issue...

Thanks...

Hi.

Did you install a desktop (GUI) as part of the installation? Normally, when you do (as part of a manual installation, at least), the default run level is set to 5 ("X11").

You can change the default run level manually in /etc/inittab (from 3 to 5) but, of course, that only makes sense if you did install a desktop.

A simple way to find out if you installed a desktop (short of looking in ~/anaconda-ks.cfg) is to type init 5 . If that starts the GUI, you're quids in, otherwise you'll need to install some additional packages.

1 Like

Hi

Please tell us which mode you had completed your installation (text / GUI mode) and which option you had choose in installation time like desktop, server, cluster etc. I believe you were missed GUI dependency package in installation time. Please try to update default run-level with 5 in /etc/inittab file or in command promt try to run

startx

command.

Thank you

1 Like

i think that you install basic server mode you must install desktop!

Thanks to all

The problem has solved. I had installed the server mode thats why it is going in TUI mode after re installation in desktop mode graphical mode is available..

Thanks for helping...

Thank you for letting us know the solution.