Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again

My admin has set password policy to de-activate user account if there is not login for 90 days. How can i re-activate user account w/o deleting, or changing user password.

Thanks in advance
Deeps

if i remember right:

edit /etc/passwd by deleting the LK after the username which is locked. safe the file and run "pwconv"...

hth,
DN2

Its not the /etc/passwd. Its /etc/shadow.
You just need to remove the *LK* entry in there. The next time the user logs in, it will force the user to set a new password again.

Sorry my mistake, that was not what you wanted. I tried passwd -u userid , but it set an empty field for the user's passwd. DukeNuke2 might be right. I have not tried that :o

Thanks guys for your reply!!
But this is not the case, i can't see any LK for my shadow file. In shadow file there is entry in 2nd last coloum for 90 days. that is restricted login access as user has no activity since 90 days. If i set this to 0...then .login...then quit from user login ....and again set for 90 days as per policy....this will work. But i believe this is not the right way to activate account as i have to wait for user login and quit from his account before to set 90 days again

This might not answer your question but its a good link to have.
New authentication features
AND
this thread says that passwd -u <username> unlocks a/c and uses same password

Dear Helpdesk,

I have account to access to my server. If I type wrong password or wrong username 3x times then solaris will be automatically lock this user account.

So, How to de-activated this policy..??

Best Regards

Bejo:)