Solaris, Perl, and precise system uptime??

OK folks, my first post here.. hope the community can come up with a clever solution. Cross posting this in the Solaris and Shell scripting forums, as problem is scripting problem specifically on Solaris platform.

I am trying to detect a host's uptime with greater precision than is offered up by the usual suspects (e.g. uptime, who -b, last reboot -n 1, ...). These all offer only hour:minute precision, and don't include the year.

if all the target hosts were running "modern" Solaris, I might be able to grope for answer down /proc/0 (init) path for a useable timestamp, but script must run a) on older Solaris hosts, some with several hundred days of uptime, and b) without any elevated priviledges.

if I could compile some C program, I would grab the output of times(), do some math, and return a standard time value of N seconds since epoch. For the sake of this question, I must rule out that possibility. The solution must be basic Perl or shell script, executing any standard tools included with the Solaris distribution.

Anyone know of a value to inspect using kstat? mdb? dtrace?

Cross postings is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.