Solaris Performace and Tools

I always had helpful replies from this site when ever I have posted a question.
My current problem is that I am trying to read a book titled "Solaris(TM) Performance and Tools: DTrace and MDB Techniques for Solaris 10" and I am frustrated because inspite of the fact that it is a good book I just cannot grasp it.
Is there a book out there which explains solaris performance from the very basics.
I have read some other programming books written by Indian authors and the subject is explained very clearly. Is there a book on Solaris performance and internals by an Indian writter?

Shell be much obliged.

I believe the book you are reading is the 2nd part of Solaris internals. I would say you start from it. I will be quite hard to user DTrace unless one has good knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes.
It is a difficult subject. We had a similar course from Sun, Solaris performance management. Even the instructor left the official Sun book and used slides from the Solaris internals book.

I have the first part of the book Solaris Internals too, but that's a heavy stuff also. Is there something out there which can put things together piece by piece?

In the meanwhile I found this book in the Library called "The Design of The Unix Operating System" by Maurice J. Bach ISBN-10: 0132017997