Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and have also tried to add the disk using SMC but am having no luck at all. Does anyone have any idea how i can get these disks to be visible to the OS?

when you say you cant see the raid 5 drives, how are you checking?

what says # format < /dev/null

have you tried a reconfiguration boot?

is it hardware or software raid? what is the output of "raidctl -l"?

It's a hardware RAID. I'll post the output of your command in a bit. raidctl -l produced no output

try restart deamon of raid level and use devfsadm command.

the format command just shows the two drives in my RAID1 config. I've tried touch /reconfigure and rebooting the system and the drives still were not available.

Goose - there are others here that will be better placed to help you, as for the moment, i don't have a system that will allow me to double check what i'm saying - so accept this (possibly incorrect information) in the spirit it is given.

Q. Is it hardware / Software raid?
Q. How did you create the Raid 1 Array exactly?

Normally when you raid up the disks - solaris hides the second device from view and allows access to this from the first device!

this would make sence that you are seeing two devices - 1 x raid 1 device (second hidden) and 1 x raid.

post the output of the format command.
post the prtvtoc of the two devices "format" finds

Since i was unable to find a way to get the disk recognized using UFS i went with ZFS and was able to see all of the disk and created an /nfs and /oracle partition with no problem.

Something else is going on here. A disk that is usable with UFS should not be usable with ZFS.

I concur with your statement but was unable to find a fix and needed to have the server up and running this morning and ZFS fixed the problem.