Solaris Linux Windows partition confuse

Dear All

I tried to follow the instruction in this link:

I created all these partitions as mentioned in the link above by using partition commander 9

Fist stage:

I installed XP in first partition (hda1)....success.

Second stage:

Install Mandrake 10.1

I made the second primary partition as /boot not root (hda2).

my / (root not boot ) is had5 within Extended primary.

When I tried to install Mandrake (10.1) using LILO bootloader it gave me this option:

where do you want to install the bootloader?

1- First sector of drive (MBR)
2- First sector of the root partition
3- On floppy
4- Skip

A- When I chose first option it was fine , I could see GUI of LILO with dual OSs. By the way when I checked the list of all configurations before I continoued with the process of installation , it said that your bootloader on /dev/hda,,,why didn't it say on /dev/hda1 (It did not specify ,only general)?

B- When I chose second option, I could not see any thing, although boot (hda2)was active, when I tried to activate, / (root or hda5) , I have seen characters L9 repeatedly filling the screen. (I have to choose this option if I want to follow the URL above). Here it did say that my bootloader on /dev/hda5 (It did specify rather than general),,,why?

My query:
1-Why I can not see option : Fisr sector of boot partition instead of root? As you know that bootloader should in the /boot section if it is separated from the root,,,which is my case? Am I right?

Thanks

Last edited by zillah