Solaris kernel Update

Hi All,

I am installing kernel Update 3.0 in my Solaris servers.

It actually installs most of the patches in this update , but for some packages it is not installing.

It is saying ...

Version of package SUNWcakr from directory SUNWcakr.us in patch 137137-09 differs from the package installed on the system.
Version of package SUNWcakr from directory SUNWcakr.v in patch 137137-09 differs from the package installed on the system.

and also for some of the packages it is saying

Package SUNWs8brandu from directory SUNWs8brandu in patch 137137-09 is not installed on the system. Changes for package SUNWs8brandu will not be applied to t
he system.

Kindly input your ideas on this...

Regards
Rj

what is kernel update 3.0 ?

which solaris version do you use (cat /etc/release)?

it is better not to update single patches. it's better to download a patchcluster to update your system.

yes, what do you mean by kernel update 3.0? Are you not using the Recommended latest patch cluster?

Hi Incredible/Duke,

I am installing Vulnerablity threat patches at this point.

I am updating my solaris kernel in my servers .

We were installing patches during kernel update..

We get errors like the above while installing.

Regards
Rj

you won't get answers to your questions if you don't answer our questions...

$ cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 16 August 2007
$

so you use an older solaris 10 version. and the patch is for ALL solaris 10 releases. some packages in the patch are not in update 4 of solaris. i think you don't need to worry about the messages...

If the packages are not there, there's no point in applying the patch, so the patch install scrip does all this verifications before applying patches