Solaris install problem

Hi does someone have a solaris 10 install problem on a sunfire v880?
it keeps hanging

We know nothing about your V880 - I remember its old.. when we first got an early version we had trouble with the internal clock and it needed patch for disks...I dont se how we can help not knowing a minimum of its configuration, and keep in mind if patches are needed we cannot help you in getting them, at the most, give you their refs and you are to get them at oracle with a valid support...

Hi,

You'll need to be a bit more specific;

• Does it get past the POST?
  • Is it from Media or a Jump Start Server
  • Are there any messages?
  • What command are you using to boot the server?
  • Is the {ok} prompt visible?

If you want some help with this you'll have to give us some information.

Regards

Gull04

Rebooting with command: boot
Boot device: disk  File and args:
OpenBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock 1.4
..>> OpenBSD BOOT 1.7
Fibre Channel link not ready - Loss of Sync

this is where it stops

---------- Post updated at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:00 PM ----------

Hardware Power On

Probing core system FRUs.. Done
Executing POST w/%o0 = 0000.0800.0101.2041
0:0>
0:0>@(#)Sun Fire[TM] V880/V890 POST 4.22.34 2007/07/23 13:11
       /export/delivery/delivery/4.22/4.22.34/post4.22.x/Camelot/daktari/integrated  (root)
0:0>Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved
0:0>Jump from OBP->POST.
0:0>Diag level set to MIN.
0:0>Verbosity level set to NORMAL.
0:0>
0:0>Start selftest...
0:0>CPUs present in system: 0:0 1:0 2:0 3:0 4:0 5:0 6:0 7:0
0:0>Test CPU(s)....Done
0:0>Init Scan/I2C....Done
0:0>Basic Memory Test....Done
0:0>Memory Block....Done
0:0>IO-Bridge Tests....|

Hi,

I think that to make any progress here you'll have to access the ALOM (Advanced Lights Out Manager) and login. Then you'll have to start with the following, from the prompt;

sc> reset -x

Or you can run;

sc> poweroff

This should take you to the OBP "{ok}" prompt, here you should be able to get some output by running;

{ok} show-post-results

Post the output - but it does look like a processor card fault.

Regards

Gull04

You are trying to install OpenBSD and not Solaris?!

Yes because solaris 11 is not compatible with this system anymore unfortunately
I need something which is more update

Try the latest Solaris 10 and see if the system installs without problems. If there are problems also, we might need to check the hardware a little further...

@simplextibi.....where are you getting your media from? Any Solaris media must be the Sparc version. Any OpenBSD must be the Sparc version. Must also be 64-bit version. I believe it also needs to be CD 4.0 minimum. The information you have provided so far is very woolly. Can you please post the boot sequence from totally powered off (no mains connection) status. Then, what 'boot' command are you issuing and to what prompt?

@other subscribers to this thread......it's been a while since I used a V880 but, if we're not logging into the SC at all, how do we know that power to the main box is even on?