Solaris install problem!!

I am running an x86 system with a clean 300GB hard drive. i installed solaris10 on it the first time as a slave drive(the other drive had xp on it and it was the active part). it gave me bad file system error among other things...bla bla bla... so i took out the drive with xp on it and switched the unix one to master(reset the jumper too). Then I wiped it with boot and nuke and I can get through the first disk but when I reboot and manually eject the disk its either giving me disk read error or if i keep the first one in long enough it brings me back to the beginning. Basically im an idiot and i dont know when to eject the first disk, so i just want to know when is the exact time(exact screen) to eject the first disk so grub can run the second cd. p.s. i dont remember when i did it the first time i installed solaris. yes i am a newbie at this.

You may have problems with installation CD.

Can you post what exactly messages did you get?

Im just gonna download the DVD version. But in case you still want to know what happened, when im at reboot prompt at the end of disk1 i cant eject it. I can eject it after post and before it looks for the boot sector. when i do that, it gives me the famous FAILURE TO BOOT... (or sumthin like that) which means theres no boot sector or the boot sector is corrupted.
if i leave the disk1 in after the .......... then i go to grub and get to the screen where it asks me to load the kernel, i eject the disk then hit enter and it gives me a "can not find kernel" error or sumthin like that. then i go to the grub command prompt and type kernel / (i did other commands that i saw online too, but i dont know what im doing at this point) and it gives me no such filesystem or sumthin like that(dont remember exactly). then it tells me to press any key and it brings me back. If i decide to leave the disk1 in after that and try to eject right before i get into the gui it will give me a disk read error or it will bring me to the begginning of disk1. But like i said before im just gonna download the dvd version. By the way, my boot sequence is always cdrom, hard drive 0, floppy while im doing this.

In Unix you can't just eject the CD. Operating system locks the CD ejection to prevent damage to information. There is a special command for ejection of removable media...

When your system reboots, CD lock is reseted, thats why you can remove the CD during POST.
NERO for examle, locks CD too... (as many other CD burning programs)

now the dvd installation keeps repeating itself after the first reboot. i tried booting from the hard drive but it keeps giving me "boot disk failure". i wiped it with boot and nuke and tried installing it again and it just keeps repeating again. its basically giving me the same problem as when i was installing it through the 5 cd method. the only thing i can think of is that the boot sector is physically damaged. please help. if not then im gonna buy a new hard drive.

You can prove the drive is okay by installing ubuntu or similar on it.

Try installing so that the OS uses less than 127Gb of the disk, or even just 20Gb.