Solaris in vmware rebooting

Hello All,

Solaris 10 which installed in Vmware workstation rebooting automatically and throwing the following error. Looks kernel thread issue, Need experts advice.

Error:

Warning: rpcmod:svc_default_stksize is set more than once in /etc/system/. "set rpcmod:svc_default_stksize = 0x6000" applied as the
current settings.

SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_118855-33 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Fyi# OS contains Veritas also.

---------- Post updated at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:26 AM ----------

Its having Bug. BUG ID: 4812466... but am not sure how to overcome from this.. any suggestion ?

are you using x86 or Sparc for the VM ?
which release of Solaris 10 is this

I cannot find a bug with this ID on sunsolve. What's the description of this bug, and how do you know, you are hit by this bug? The above message only gives a warning about multiple settings of rpcmod:svc_default_stksize in /etc/system.

---------- Post updated at 08:29 ---------- Previous update was at 07:56 ----------

Found a reference to this bug on google (Bug ID: 4812466 VM crash when stack size set to unlimited on solx86 platform.), but this website seems to be down at the moment. Google's cache doesn't help either, because it still tries to retrieve the information from bugs.sun.com

@deaconf19 >> Vmware Workstation 6.5.2 which is installed in window's xp.
solaris 10 11/06 s10x_u3wos_10 x86

@hergp >> Me to tried in sunsolve, but no use. I got the bug ID from the same site. :frowning:

Just curious, are you sure that the verison you downloaded is x86?

because your first post you have

SunOS Release 5.10 Version Generic_118855-33 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc.

If you do indeed have a 64bit running and not x86 and you created the vm utilizing x86 instead of x64 it will not boot and vice versa.

Hello Deaconf,

That info came with error. Actually the solaris version is: 
          more /etc/release

Solaris 10 11/06 s10x_u3wos_10 x86
       Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Can u check out /etc/system file.........

Or try to go to single user mode and check it out.

Snchaudhari >>

This is a X86 box, Anyway i just boot via failsafemode and  edited the /etc/system file for that stack entry but no use.