solaris file system

hi all , am a Beginner in solaris end unix , i want mount a new files system in my sunblade 150 , i have 2 HD . someone can show me how i can do that by steps please ?

1. format < select the disk you want to partition i.e 0 and 1 in your case as you got tow disk)
  2. the from the listed option select - partition - select (define) a partition table by pressing p
  3. again select p as in : print - display the current table
  4. will list you the partition table with 8 slice starting 0 to 7
  5. select the parathion which you want to use i.e 4( make sure that the select parathion do not contains the root file system i.e / , var, usr etc
  6. assign the required tag type if not sure you can put the �?� mark you will be listed with the possible tag values i.e
    home          alternates    reserved
  1. Enter new starting cyl[0]: select the next to last used cylinder in any of the partition
  2. Enter partition size[0b, 0c, 0e, 0.00mb, 0.00gb]: Enter the required size which can be in GB also like 10gb
  3. Again press �p� and verify the parathion
  4. if you are convince with the info lable it by writing label at : partition> prompt i.e �partition> label �
  5. exit the format by pressing � q� twice

Now you need to create the ufs file system on the new partition

1 execute command : newfs /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s<parathion number>

Once its over your slice is ready to use, which you can do by mounting the slice on certain mount point

Make a mount point with mkdir <mount point name> i.e if you have to mount the new slice as �data � #mkdir /data

Once you have created the mount point you can edit the /etc/vfstab and pass the required value for listed seven parameters with the help of ed /etc/vfstab or vi /etc/vfstab

Once you edited the /etc/vfstab execute the command mountall

Other option can be simply mount the slice to /data mount point with below

#mount /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s<slice number> /data.

thank you very much