Solaris 9 install cd boot fail

Hi

I hv try to install Solaris 9 on a SPARC machine. The machine now is with Solaris 10 OS.

I try to load a Solaris 9 installation cd in and use "boot cdrom" on ok promt, but it give me "no boot device found" when it boot up.

and when i use fsck, the system show me an error with the funny character, that I cannt understand.

What Should I do now????????????

Please.........somebody.......helpme........ :confused: :frowning:

from niuniu

If it has Solaris 10 on it already, then boot it and check that the cdrom works while booted in Solaris 10.

If you don't have the access into Solaris 10, then at the ok prompt, you can use devalias to insure that the cdrom is known. Post your output from devalias.

I wasn't sure if you meant you tried the fsck command while at the ok prompt or while booted into Solaris 10. Please clear up this confusion on my part. Also, what were you trying to fsck?

Hi RTM

Thank you very much. with the "devalias" command i found that my cdrom alias is not call cdrom. Thus I hv success install Solaris 9.

And for the fsck problem at t previous post.....means I using fsck command when i am logging in with the root user. I think is because some of the file in the /usr dir is corrupted thus i cannt use fsck. But now I have already over rite with Solaris 9........

Thanks.

niuniu