Solaris 8 boot problems

I'm new to Unix so please bear with me.

We had a Ultra 10 running solaris 8 and the motherboard went. So we bought a replacement Ultra 10 on ebay. Exact same hardware. Swapped out the drives with our drives and booted. The new system was set up to boot off disk1 and ours were set to boot off disk0. So at the ok prompt I typed "boot disk0" and up came the system.

I should have stopped there since I know very little about Unix but I wanted to make it so that when the system rebooted it didn't first fail with disk1 and need the user to type "boot disk0". So after a little googling I found the "setenv boot-device disk0" command. I ran this command at the ok prompt, reset and started to get a "The file just loaded does not appear to be executable." error.

I then followed the directions here to reload the boot block. When I got to the "# fsck -F ufs -y /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0" command it started clearing sectors that it said were unfixable and now I think I really messed up the drive. After that command I can't find any files on the drive when I boot off the cdrom.

How can I retrieve the data off the drive and restore the system? Or have I messed it up beyond repair?
Thanks
Jason

So after some more research I gather that when I shutdown the system to change the boot-device I corrupted the file system. Is there any way to recover from that or is the data lost?