Solaris 11 man pages won't show on CLI

Hello guys,

I am a newbie. Just freshly installed Solaris 11. When I try to type for example root@t1000:~# man zpool It says bash: man: command not found . It used to show manual pages before installation. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Check the environment variable MANPATH. There are several different directories that have a share directory in them, most are in the /usr directory tree. These contain the man pages.

What's the value of the PATH environment variable? Given the error says "man: command not found", it's more likely to be your PATH environment variable that's gotten corrupted.

This information looks to be irrelevant to the current issue unless what was previously installed was also Solaris 11.

In any case, it can't be a MANPATH issue and is very unlikely to be a wrong PATH either, "man" being in /bin "and" /usr/bin.

The most plausible reason is you simply didn't install the "man" command. To fix this, simply run:

pkg install doctools

or

sudo pkg install doctools

jlliagre is correct. I was wrong about MANPATH. MANPATH causes man pages not to be found, it does not affect the execution of the man command.

Thank you guys..This code did the magic.

pkg install doctools